Santiago

Santiago

Saturday, November 20, 2010

"No more pencils, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks..."

I thought I'd use a quintessential children's rhyme to inform you all that SCHOOL'S OUT!
The ironic part:
  1. I have only used a pencil 1 time in Chile - pens all the way...(GO PENS!)
  2. We never use books since they are expensive - goodbye fotocopiadora
  3. I never got a dirty look from a professor, they all love the extranjeros.
This last week was crazy.
I went from being buried in papers (literally) to prepare for essays and exams, to a birthday once (the meal between lunch and dinner) for my host mom, to the HARRY POTTER PREMIER.. and then capped it all off with an end of the semester asado. We just love our asados.


This was my birthday present for my host mom - her favorite flowers and chocolate. I just thought the flowers were pretty but somehow, I was lucky enough to pick out her favorites.



My host dad wanted to pretend like we were in the Amazon and stand in the plants...

The whole family at once - some classic faces in this one.


Feliz cumpleaƱos!

The aunts and uncles... and me.
Chilean's love Harry Potter.
We got to the theater an hour early and we were almost in the back of the line. 3 flights of stairs. Sheesh.


Sergio had to help start the fire for the asado - the wind kept blowing out the flame.

We found Crater beer! From the factory we went to in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment