Santiago

Santiago

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Rainy Days

Life continues as normal here in Santiago.. tranquilo.

I only have 2 more weeks of school until exams start. It's really a wake-up call of how fast this is coming to an end.

I decided that this weekend (and in the upcoming weeks) I needed some quality Santiago/host-family time after spending so many weekends away.

On Thursday night, I went to a wine gala in downtown Santiago with my host family. We got cups and walked around to all of the different stations, testing the Chilean wines. My host mom and I also hit up all of the little snacks: cheese, olive oil, meats, chocolate fountains... it was great. I tried about 8 different wines from different wineries and then I realized that now I can do this in the US too. Pretty cool. After the gala, we went to this restaurant called Fuente Suiza which has "the best cheese empanadas in town". After some laughter and a ton of food, we made it home by 11:30.

Friday was super productive - I went to class, filled out evaluations, finished some work, and then went to see Social Network - in English with Spanish subtitles. It's really cool to be able to understand both forms of watching the movie, but it makes you realize that people are missing a lot of the jokes when they can only understand the subtitles. The Chileans definitely did not laugh as much as we did.







Spring is quickly turning into summer here... prime time to work on your tan and make dinner with friends, which is what I did yesterday with Erica and Madeline. We bought soooo many vegetables at the feria (farmer's market) and were so stuffed at the end, but we loved it. By the end of the night, I received a phone call from Ryan and Kristen telling me that he finally popped the question!!! and SHE SAID YES! Soooo happy! I've been running around for weeks telling all my friends that my brother is about to get engaged. :D

Today was a rainy Sunday - but great for catching up on stuff - skype dates, work, tv, movies, photos... a little bit of everything.

So not super exciting on my end down here.. just normal life - with Starbucks Christmas cups and Christmas decorations in the grocery stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment